Michelle Gyimah is a Gender Equality Consultant with over 10 years’ experience of working on equality issues in the workplace.
She worked for the Equality and Human Rights Commission for 8 years before going freelance in 2014.
There she specialised in writing guidance for employers and delivering training seminars on equal pay and pregnancy and maternity discrimination.
As a freelance Gender Equality Consultant and money empowerment educator, Michelle now works with women to help them bust their money blocks that hold them back in their lives and careers.
Michelle is dedicated to helping women get comfortable with their money so they can pay off their debts faster, ask for and receive more money in their work and become financially literate for themselves and their families.
Michelle holds a Masters in Human Rights from The University of Manchester.
Michelle is a regular contributor to numerous national business magazines and lives in Manchester, UK.
Social media profiles:
Speaking engagements to date include:
- “How the UK is closing the gender pay gap” ~ European conference on equal pay, London
- “Achieving balance in your life (what ever that means to you)”– SpacePortX, Manchester
- #PledgeMCR – International Womens’ Day “creating-inclusive-flexible-cultures”
- EDI – Gender Equality Good Practice, Manchester
- EDF – How managers actually manage flexible working
- Thoughtworks – Ada Lovelace Day “As technologists, we have the potential to see and seize opportunities – but what do we need to do this?’
- European Women in Tech – “Inspiring the next generation.” Panel moderator
- ThoughtWorks Women Series – “How to negotiate.” – Panel Member
- Usabilla – ‘Gender Diversity in Tech: Why it’s a marathon, not a sprint.’
- Kemp Little – ‘Do you have a #deleteUber crisis looming with your staff?’
- Women’s Institute (Levenshulme Chapter) – The gender pay gap and women’s money stories
- Edinburgh University, Women in Business: 23rd October – Alternative career paths for students and how to handle money in your first job
- London Tech Ladies: 22nd November 2017 – Negotiation skills and how your money blocks hold you back
To talk about a speaking engagement get in touch today